Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMERGENCY! Document VBA Project Disappeared!!!

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
andrewwhiteinc
435 Views, 1 Reply

EMERGENCY! Document VBA Project Disappeared!!!

This is probably going to come across a little panic-y but it is.

I have a VBA program in a document that disappeared. The module (called AutoBin) is no longer there and it just has a blank Module1 and a blank Functions.

I didn't delete it or was even into anything programmically that would SaveAs or delete or anything like that. I've been saving and copying the saved file into a separate folder and the last 3 saves this project is missing from. I don't know WTH or how its even possible but if anyone has information or experienced this I will buy you a cape to get me out of this mess!

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gruff
in reply to: andrewwhiteinc

If it is not 0n a Network Drive that is backed up I'd say your project is toast.

It sounds like someone deleted it or overwrote your file.

If I were to save VBA project inside my inventor files I'd probably think hard about making them template files and read only.

I do not use that method because I set a default global VBAProject file in Inventor's Options | Files tab.  I make sure it is on our network and backed up..

ALL files have access to these kind of projects/

I'd guess some of us will have the same problem with embedded iLogic unless we backup the part templates they reside in. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report