Inventor Customization

Valued Contributor
andrewwhiteinc
Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

EMERGENCY! Document VBA Project Disappeared!!!

210 Views, 1 Replies
04-10-2011 01:35 PM

This is probably going to come across a little panic-y but it is.

I have a VBA program in a document that disappeared. The module (called AutoBin) is no longer there and it just has a blank Module1 and a blank Functions.

I didn't delete it or was even into anything programmically that would SaveAs or delete or anything like that. I've been saving and copying the saved file into a separate folder and the last 3 saves this project is missing from. I don't know WTH or how its even possible but if anyone has information or experienced this I will buy you a cape to get me out of this mess!

P. Andrew White,EIT
Engineer-in-Training, Industrial Automation
Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: EMERGENCY! Document VBA Project Disappeared!!!

04-12-2011 05:01 PM in reply to: andrewwhiteinc

If it is not 0n a Network Drive that is backed up I'd say your project is toast.

It sounds like someone deleted it or overwrote your file.

If I were to save VBA project inside my inventor files I'd probably think hard about making them template files and read only.

I do not use that method because I set a default global VBAProject file in Inventor's Options | Files tab.  I make sure it is on our network and backed up..

ALL files have access to these kind of projects/

I'd guess some of us will have the same problem with embedded iLogic unless we backup the part templates they reside in. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube