Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Content Center - Descrição Content Center

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
kleiton.narcizo
296 Views, 1 Reply

Description Content Center - Descrição Content Center

Can I change the description that appears in the properties from content center files ? I want that appear Pa Allen or something like it, but the description is "Hexagon Socket Button Head Screw - Product grade A" from Content Center.

Does anyone know ?

Tem como alterar a descríção que aparece nos arquivos do content center ? Eu quero que apareça Pa Allen ou algo parecido, mas a descrição do content center é "Hexagon Socket Button Head Screw - Product grade A".

Alguem sabe ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

First off, are you using Desktop Content Center or are you using a Content Center run from an Autodesk Vault Server?

In both cases you need a read/write library, if you are using the desktop CC then you should already have one called 'My Library,' if you are using the Vault Server then you will either need to create a library or get your sysadmin to create one for you.

Once you have your desired read/write library then you need to open up the content center editor, ensuring you have the appropriate project file with all of the libraries loaded that you want to modifiy/use. Once are in the content center you need to find the appropriate library/style/parts that you want to change the descriptions for, copy them over to your read/write library and then change them. It works best to copy all parts that you are planning on using from the content center and modifying them as you see fit. You can make mass changes to the description for each type of bolt/nut/washer/misc, but you need to go into each one of the tables individually and edit the description column properties there.

Its a task, but once done everything is better.

----------------------------
Kristopher Reaves

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report