Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising Measure Tool

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sanjaysy
413 Views, 4 Replies

Customising Measure Tool

Whenever we use measure tool it will show the a dialog box with valves of x,y,z, delta X, delta Y & delta Z. I want to customize the same as per the attached image.

Customize this, dialog box will not disappear(modal) after entering into any other command so no need to remember the values of x,y....etc.

Sanjay Yallure
-----------------------
Inventor Professional 10.0

Regards,
Sanjay
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ADNpati
in reply to: sanjaysy

HEllo Sanjay,

Did you get that macro done, customising the measure tool???

I need a tool to measure from face to workpoint.

Can you please help me??

Amool.

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
adam.nagy
in reply to: ADNpati

Hi,

Inventor dialogs are not customizable in general. However you can create your own dialog if you want to.

The measure functionalities are available through the API, so that part of it you could reuse.

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 4 of 5
ADNpati
in reply to: adam.nagy

HEllo Adam,

I am writing a macro to get distances of "WorkPoint"s in Occurrences from "Face"s of parts in occurrences.

And writing all data to excel file or csv file.

Thanks.

AD

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: ADNpati

well, WorkPoint.Point has the method Point.DistanceTo to get the distance of two work points.

As to writting to Excel/CSV, you can just use Windows API. Searching with the keywords, you could also find some posts here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report