Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Drawing Sheet as a Default 'new' drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Samnutter3212
551 Views, 3 Replies

Customised Drawing Sheet as a Default 'new' drawing

Hello All,

I recently transferred all my autodesk files etc onto a new computer and everything is fine.

I am having difficulty using the old drawing file (.idw) sheet with a customised balloon in the bottom right (company logo, perfect box space, date etc.) as a *default*. I already have it saved as a file as 'blank sheet' and when I copy it into the 'AutoCAD templates' folder it does not appear in the box that pops up when I click on 'new' giving you th eoption for a new part, assembly, drawing and so on.

At present I am having to open up the 'blank sheet' by searching for it in the autodesk files which is time consuming especially as I work under tight schedules.

This is really perplexing me.

I am running Autodesk Inventor 8 on a brand new Optimax Dell with a fucntioning ATI graphics card.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Sam.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BMiller63
in reply to: Samnutter3212

huh?

is this for Inventor or AutoCAD?

Message 3 of 4
Samnutter3212
in reply to: BMiller63

Autodesk Inventor 8 3d design programme

- I design the parts in 2D sketches, extrude them into 3D and then place the 3D shapes (face-on) onto a drawing file (.idw) and save it as a .dxf from then on.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Hello all,

I noticed nearly 100 people had looked at this and in cas epeople are stil wondering i'll post how I sorted this out.

There is a directory in the AUtodesk Inventor folder in program files in C drive. If you keep looking through the files you'll find 'templates', simple copy the old template with all your previosu settings from whatever file you're keeping it in and paste it into the folder.

My file location was named as such:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 8\Templates

If you can't find your old template then simply open an old drawing, delete the drawing, measurements and parts list and SAVE AS (don't save or it'll overwrite) an appropriate name, I called mine '*Company name* Blank A4 Drawing" and repeat the same process for drawing parts and assemblies.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report