Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Center Chagning Sizes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kesseltine
366 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Content Center Chagning Sizes

Have a Custom Content Center had three new parts added to the table, the table is correct the file in vault is correct , the part when originally is dropped into the asssembly is the correct size , .......but when I refresh the tables for the assembly the sizes change to some other values that match other parts in the table and then the parts dont match what I originally put into the table.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PaulMunford
in reply to: kesseltine

Wow - That's a new one on me!

I've put the word out on Twitter to see if anyone has come across this before...

Good luck!

Paul

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 5
AlexFielder
in reply to: PaulMunford

This will most-likely be because you've edited the table using the "Edit via Spreadsheet" (Excel) option and somehow copied the hidden column values into your new part row. I know because I've done this myself by accident in the past.

When editing the table using Excel it's best to always add new items at the bottom. You can then sort the table to get things back in the correct order once you return to the Inventor dialogue.

Message 4 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: AlexFielder

Also when using Edit via Excel in the Family. Don't edit any values in blue columns.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 5
kesseltine
in reply to: AlexFielder

nope didnt add with excel option

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report