Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a User Coordinate System using Inventor API

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shivesh.mecheng
1625 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a User Coordinate System using Inventor API

I am working on an Inventor API. I am  a rookie in this field. I want to create a UCS in the active assembly document with the help of my API. I am using C# as programming language. And I am building this API for Inventor 2010. Please suggest a method to do that knowing the transformation matrix. 

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The UCS creation API was exposed since Inventor 2011.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
mddavis
in reply to: YuhanZhang

I would still be interested in an answer to this question. I would like to use VBA to create multiple UCS's within a part file via an excel table. Any help for getting started?

I'm fairly sure I can get the data in from excel, but have landed on this post a few times trying to find what methods to call for creating a UCS inside Inventor 2012.

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
YuhanZhang
in reply to: mddavis

Please refer below picture to find the VBA samples to create UCS in Inventor API Help:

UCS.png

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
mddavis
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know to search for the UserCoordinateSystems Object.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report