Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy parameters.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jostroopers
397 Views, 5 Replies

Copy parameters.

I have a part made where various parameters in it.

Now I place the part in a assy and from there i want the parameters to control the part.

I do this now by the same parameters from the part to add in the assy by  typing the parameters manually in the assy.

Is there a way that you can define parameters retrieved from the part about the assy without retyping and therefore can make mistakes?

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi There,

This kind of functionality is not available directly out of the box. You would need to handle it with your own programming logic. We have created an addin "LinkParameters" that is on the store, it comes with full source code. It is using iLogic to achieve the feature you are looking for:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=autodesk.appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3a...

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6

I already know that you can link parameters the way you normaly do but instead of link to excel you select the part or assembly.

But if you have multi valeu parameters these multi valeu isn't linked, so you get linked a normal parameter.

You can't, after link a multi valeu, change the parameter to a multi valeu.

I going to try the adin.

Thanks

Mvg Jos
Message 4 of 6

I've tried the tool but do not fully understand how it should work.
I open an assy and then place my part.
When I activate the tool I have to select the source file, but the source file is the assy where the part is inserted.
I can not select assy.
I want the parameters from the part to persuade the assy where the part is placed.

Mvg Jos
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Have you noticed there is a checkbox on the top of the dialog? [Use Top-Level Assembly as a source]. I think this is what you need.

Message 6 of 6

I have found a way direct in Inventor.

You can export and import parameters to XML.

In the ribbon under Manage-Parmeters click the arrow and there is Export to XML and Import from XML.

Then al the parameters will be placed in youre assy.

Thanks

Mvg Jos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report