Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClientGraphics and SurfaceGraphics

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rjay75
458 Views, 1 Reply

ClientGraphics and SurfaceGraphics

I have a ClientGraphics on an InteractionGraphics object set with some SurfaceGraphics. The surfacegraphics load fine but having issues with positioning.

I am trying to update the the graphics to move with the cursor using the OnMouseMove event, but I'm having problems reconciling the SurfaceGraphics orgin and the mouse cursor. Ideally I'd like the graphics to behave similiar to the graphics during the place component command.

How do the SurfaceGraphics position relate to the current view.

I've tried using the SetTransformBehavior, and SetViewSpaceAnchor with mized results. (None of which are desirable) What are the correct methods to be used to update the position of the graphics to 'follow' the cursor. I'm not necessarily using this to select an existing object, but more abitrary points in space or points on an object.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rjay75
in reply to: rjay75

I figured it out. I need to use the Transformation property on the graphics node the surfacebody belongs to. Then I can update the clientgraphics as normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report