Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClientFeature in Weldment

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cadull_rb
377 Views, 1 Reply

ClientFeature in Weldment

Is there any particular reason why client features don't seem to be supported in a weldment? I get an exception if I access WeldmentComponentDefinition.Features.ClientFeatures. We currently use client features in parts and assemblies, but fortunately we don't have many weldments.

Our use of client features is to expose our customisation visibly in the browser with settings saved as attributes on the feature. Is there another way this could be achieved that would also support weldments? I notice the WeldsComponentDefinition is a special embedded assembly document that supports expanding to display contents. Is this something that is achievable through the API?

Regards,

cadull

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
YuhanZhang
in reply to: cadull_rb

Hi Cadull,

Unfortunately, the ClientFeature has not been implemented yet in weldment, you can provide the number 1456104 to check its status. According to your requirement, I suggest a workaround is to use an embeded OLE file to save your settings in its AttributeSets.

Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report