Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Not Registered Error

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jonbrabbs
2143 Views, 1 Reply

Class Not Registered Error

Morning All,

I'm banging my head against a wall with this one. Until recently, my program was working fine, both in dev world (VB.NET 2008 EE), and as a standalone app. Then something changed, although I'm not sure what - it was either something I did unknowingly, or a round of system updates which run overnight. Can't be sure which - I've done a fair bit of fettling on my program!

The program opens Inventor 2010, and various part/drawing files, in the background and creates a dwf of the drawing and model. This should then be shown in my app using the dwfViewer addin. The addin shows up fine in the designer, but when I come to run the app, I get a class not registered error (see attached file).

I've tried registereing just about everything I can think of, although it's fair to say I haven't really gto much idea what I should be doing here.

Design Review (2010) works fine itself (i reinstalled it, just to make sure) and has no problems, it's just the dwfviewer that I'm struggling with.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have't got much hair left to pull out...

Kind regards

Jon.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jonbrabbs
in reply to: jonbrabbs

Ok, fixed it. I still don't know what happened or why, but after 3 days of head scratching I found the fault and the cure.

In the .vbproj file, I was missing the following code

<PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget> - I added it directly under the first <PropertyGroup> and iit is now working again.

I don't know why my app was working and then stopped, but at least I won't lose any more hair/sleep over this.

I'm going to put it down to a "Windows Issue".

Problem Solved.

Jon.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report