Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the view of coordinate system?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Thorped01
431 Views, 3 Replies

Change the view of coordinate system?

Hi guys! I have some trouble with my coordinate system, it doesn't work like i want it to do...

This is how it's now:

Sketchplane = YX(+Z)
Sketchplane view = Front
Groundplane = ZX(+Y)
Groundplane view = Bottom
Home view = Front(up), Bottom, Right

But I want it to be like this:

Sketchplane = YX(+Z)
Sketchplane view = Top
Groundplane = YX(+Z)
Groundplane view = Bottom/Top
Home view = Top(up), Front, Right PERMANENT!!!

How to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Thorped01

Hi,

Could you share the present code demo? It will help us to understand what the requirement is. and any snapshot would be also helpful.

Message 3 of 4
Thorped01
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

What do you mean with the "present code demo" and were do I find it ?  coordinate system.png

As you see in the pic the groundplane lies at the ZX axis and this can you unfortunately not change. I want to have the groundplane at the YX axis because that is what you usually use as groundplane in the manufacturing process, for example in a milling machine. 
The Z axis is usually always the up and down axis and in that case the groundplane should be in 90 degrees to the Z axis, but it is'nt. 
It's much easier to draw something if the groundplane and the ordinary sketchplane (XY) is the same. Then you would know from the start how it's gonna be when you are done and you dont need to use the commands "3D Grips --> Commit and Move" every single time you want to place the part in the way you would like to.

Message 4 of 4
adam.nagy
in reply to: Thorped01

Hi,

I've just written a blog post about it:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/04/change-ground-plane-direction.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report