Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the true orientation (by selected face)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NachitoMax
764 Views, 3 Replies

Change the true orientation (by selected face)

Hi

If I open a part, I can change or reset the front but, when the part is placed as a drawing view, the original orientation is still active. Why? What I mean by this is -

I look at the front view and I see a the panel edge ( say 18mm x 300mm)
I look at the left view and I see the panel side (say 400mm x 300mm)
I set the side view to the front view.

When placing my drawing view, the front orientation is STILL the panel edge (18mm x 300mm)

How can I truly change the orientation and can it be done by code?

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
NachitoMax
in reply to: NachitoMax

Hi

Anybody? Let's for now not think about the selected face part as I can work that out. Is there a way of changing the actual orientation of the part or ucs or co orcinates? I need to be able to change say the top to the front and it change when I insert a base view. Currently, if I change the top view to front view, the exact same view is placed in a drawing sheet...

I'm not asking you do it, just a bit of guidance. Is it transient geometry? Do I need to create a matrix? Is it something different?

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
craigzcool
in reply to: NachitoMax

I also really need the solution to this problem.

How can I reset the original z,y,z, coordinates of th epart, to match the new front face which I have changed by right-clicking the view cube and selecting 'select current view as front'?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
NachitoMax
in reply to: craigzcool

Hi

i dont thinks possible. every feature like 'extrude' etc creates co-ordinates x,y & z. if the true orientation was changed, it might mess up the part co-ordinates. I found a solution for my use (always bringing the correct orientation onto a drawing sheet)

The solution was in the Styles. Open the styles editor and select as the image

style.JPG

NOTE:

Your standard may not be called 'Sloane' as mine. It wants to the standard that you are using

You need to change the Front View Plane to the setting 'From Model'

Cheers

Nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report