Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Browser Node Icon Using iLogic

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
obourne
1630 Views, 7 Replies

Change Browser Node Icon Using iLogic

How can I change the default icon that shows up in the browser node in a part file? I found some VB code but can't seem to get it to work with ilogic. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MjDeck
in reply to: obourne

Attached is a rule that will work in an assembly or part.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
obourne
in reply to: MjDeck

That's AWESOME! Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
obourne

I used the code. When I used it exactly as written (except for the BMP file name) my browser node turned completely white. I suspected that in the TRY CATCH staement that "MyResource" should be the BMP file name. I changed that but the the browser node turned completely black. Not sure how to proceed

Also, I noticed that when I place the component in a higher assembly the browser node was displayed as default. I don't suppose there is a way for the new node BMP to be the same everywhere the file sis consumed?

Cheers.

Message 5 of 8
MjDeck

Can you post (attach) the .bmp file that you're using?  Is it 16 by 16 pixels?  What version of Inventor are you using?

I'm not sure if there is a way to make the icon show up in all assemblies. I'll try to find out.  It would be possible to do it with a complicated rule that operated on the assembly model browser tree.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
obourne

The file is 16 x 16 (see attached).

If it's complicated to have the icopn follow on other assemblies then no need to worry about checking too deeply.

FYI My goal is to have an icon that will indicate when a part is created as a custom content center file. That way users will know to use the CC Change Size editor to modify it.

Message 7 of 8
MjDeck

I tried your bitmap and it works for me in Inventor 2013. Which version of Inventor are you using?
If the rule is not working in a particular part, please try it in an empty part.  If it works in an empty part, can you post the original part file (the one that doesn't work)?
One thing to try: On the line:
Dim cnr = bps.ClientNodeResources.Add("MyResource", 2, bmp)
Try changing the 2 to 3.  Every time you run the rule it will add a new resource (if it succeeds).

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
obourne

Changing 2 to 3 work!

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report