Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can weld symbols be selected and deleted?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mslosar
447 Views, 3 Replies

Can weld symbols be selected and deleted?

I've read here they're not enabled in the API, but i'm hoping that means their internals and controlling them not so much simply selecting and moving or deleting.

Just looking for a fairly definitive answer to pass along to the powers that be here.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: mslosar

The welding symbols are not exposed to the API, which means you have no control over them unfortunately.

All you can do is to simulate user inputs by selecting the symbol node in the browser with BrowserNode.DoSelect and invoke the context menu commands edit or delete, which internal names are:

"EditWeldingSymbolCtxCmd"

"AppDeleteCmd"

You can execute a command using:

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.item("Cmd_InternalName").Execute

Here is an example of selecting nodes using the API:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/09/parse-browsernodes-for-a-specified-node-and-perf...

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
mslosar
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Thank you, that's pretty much what I needed to know.

I'll be getting into that blog article later today!

Mike
Message 4 of 4
mslosar
in reply to: mslosar

Reading that blog it seems to me that you'd have to somehow go to each view on a sheet and run the equivalent of TestSelectNode() on it. Problem then seems to be that there's a command for invoking the weld symbol editor and one for AppDelete which i'm not overly sure what that equates to. Regardless, it doesnt' seem to be delete weld symbol.

Doesn't seem to be a method to select weld symbol objects, although you can do that with filters inside inventor itself.

IF three's not a way to use this to find all the weld symbols on a sheet and delete them, it's not going to help.

Then again, maybe i'm missing somethin...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report