Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a standard window iProperties?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
filat
384 Views, 5 Replies

Calling a standard window iProperties?

The explorer Windows when selecting file from the context menu to bring up the iProperties. Properties window creates a file  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\DTCPexe.exe?

As most applies the program DTCPexe.exe to cause property to C:\Part.ipt?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: filat

The DTCPexe.exe is required to display the iProperties dialog from context menu and also the Pack And Go also uses it.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
filat
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Accessing the iProperties?

Call Shell "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\DTCPexe.exe -C:\Part.ipt" ??

Message 4 of 6
YuhanZhang

Currently it does not support this command line to display the iProperties dialog. But you can create an iProperties dialog by yourself, a sample can be found in \SDK\DeveloperTools\Samples\VB\Standalone Applications\ApprenticeServer\Properties\bin, you can modify the project to support the command line.

Hope this helps!

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
filat
in reply to: YuhanZhang

...\VB\Standalone Applications\ApprenticeServer\Properties\bin - this program does not suit me. I wanted to find a way to refer to the standard window iProperties... 😞

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

long time ago, I had a suggestion which might be useful for you. i.e. outside Inventor, use the shell extension APIs to find and invoke the handler of iProperties of context menu. You would need to obtain the IContextMenu interface from the handler and call InvokeCommand on it with a command ID of 2 which is COMMAND_EXPLORER_EDITPROPS command id. Please refer to the guideline of Shell Extension of Windows . but I am not sure if this way still works or the ID changed.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report