Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Save Copy As PDF with a Custom Parameter Filename

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
YoniGaia
790 Views, 2 Replies

Batch Save Copy As PDF with a Custom Parameter Filename

Hi All,

I urgently need the following:

An application that will let me choose a group of Drawing files (.idw) and perform "Save Copy As" to a PDF format on them. The Filename of each Drawing should be extracted from a custom Parameter I embeded in the IDW file.

I know I can use the Task Manager with a virtual PDF Printer to create these files, but then the PDF Filename will equal the IDW Filename, and I want it to be derived from the custom parameter I prepared inside the drawings.

Please advise.

Regards,

Yoni

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
danny
in reply to: YoniGaia

Hi,

in one of the blogpots of From the Trenches with Autodesk Inventor there is a post where you can find the code to export your drawings to a pdf with information like revnumber from your file. This for a start; the batching is also something I like to know.

ilogic-to-save-pdf-files-to-new

Regards,

Danny

Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Message 3 of 3
YoniGaia
in reply to: YoniGaia

Thanks Danny,

Rule seems OK.

The trick is: How do I run it over a group of existing IDW files without having to open each file manually?

Regards,

Yoni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report