Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad VBInventorAddInTemplate File?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kakers
1042 Views, 6 Replies

Bad VBInventorAddInTemplate File?

Good morning,

I'm working on learning how to write Inventor AddIns using Inventor 2013 and Visual Studio Express 2012. After installing the SDK and InventorWizards, the VBInventorAddInTemplate.zip is placed in my folder, but when I use it and build the unmodified new template file, I receive the following error:

Error	1	The command "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"
			mt.exe -manifest "C:\Users\kyle\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\InventorAddIn2\InventorAddIn2\InventorAddIn2.X.manifest" -outputresource:"C:\Users\kyle\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\InventorAddIn2\InventorAddIn2\bin\Debug\InventorAddIn2.dll";#2" exited with code 9009.	InventorAddIn2

I'm not sure why that happens, if I have something mis-installed. It does this same error on VS Express 2010, and I've uninstalled all other versions except 2012 and done a clean install of it.

I've attached the Template.zip I'm using. Maybe one of you can figure out why it's not building? It's keeping me from being able to test whether the addin works at all!

Cheers,

Kyle

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: kakers

Please try open the template .ZIP file, open the InventorAddIn.vbproj with Notepad, then change

<PostBuildEvent>call "%25VS100COMNTOOLS%25vsvars32"

to

<PostBuildEvent>call "%25VS100COMNTOOLS%25\vsvars32"

And include the .vbproj back to the .zip file

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 7
kakers

Okay I did that and it's still giving me the same error. Any other ideas?

Error	1	The command "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%\vsvars32"
			mt.exe -manifest "C:\Users\kyle\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\InventorAddIn3\InventorAddIn3\InventorAddIn3.X.manifest" -outputresource:"C:\Users\kyle\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\InventorAddIn3\InventorAddIn3\bin\Debug\InventorAddIn3.dll";#2" exited with code 9009.	InventorAddIn3

Message 4 of 7
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

if you have only Visual Studio Express 2012 installed, the tool mt.exe should be from %VS110COMNTOOLS%. 

You can always know the correct tool path by checking the system variable of OS, running "set" command (see attached snapshot)

Message 5 of 7
kakers
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

This worked. Thanks so much.
Message 6 of 7
Burnit87

i tried all the solutions on the forums and its not working, i'm understanding what is does now because of your snapshot

but how do i get to set the vs100comntool, cause the line you marked are missing in mine

BP
Message 7 of 7
Jef_E
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi @xiaodong_liang

I'm having simular problems but i'm trying VS2015 for Inventor 2014 template

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        The command "call "%VS140COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"
            mt.exe -manifest "J:\VB.NET - Plugins\EMIA\EMIA\EMIA.X.manifest" -outputresource:"J:\VB.NET - Plugins\EMIA\EMIA\bin\Debug\EMIA.dll";#2" exited with code 9009.    EMIA

I tried to set the correct call but it's not working? What should I do?

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report