Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM export from bill of material windows versus bom.export from code?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mucip
681 Views, 3 Replies

BOM export from bill of material windows versus bom.export from code?

Hi,

I arranged all coulms of Bill of Material list from own window. I am using "sav as" dialog box and csv option. But when I do this from the vba or vb.net below code:

oStructuredBOMView.Export(FileNameCsv, FileFormatEnum.kTextFileCommaDelimitedFormat)

The written csv file coulmn design is not like first step... This is very interesting.

The both file should be same, shouldn't it?!...

Regards,

Mucip:)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
skyngu
in reply to: mucip

it is not the same since inventor 2011. autodesk has not fixed it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/export-bom-with-different-order/m-p/31...

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 3 of 4
mucip
in reply to: skyngu

Hi,

Thanks a lot... Well how can we solve this problem until Autodesk will fix it? Can we export BOM with the VB.NET code line by line to the csv or xls file?...

And ofcourse how can we apply press on Autodesk to solve this problem?...

Regards,

Mucip:)

Message 4 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: mucip

yes it would be nice to get this bom export topic sorted.

ps- i recall some people submitting various requests to improve the functionality of inventor's BOM export capabilities, but possibly not the API side of the topic.

it would perhaps be worth checking over on the IdeasStation part of the various forums if you want to log a new idea or add kudos to any worthwhile existing idea that have been submitted.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report