Inventor Customization

daulj
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)
Accepted Solution

Automate Drawing Creation

268 Views, 2 Replies
01-09-2013 08:55 AM

I've looked at what feels like every board on here to try and figure this out. I have next to no experience in VB or Macro programming, which from what I read is the only way to do this.

All I want to do is automatically generate a drawing for an assembly with sheets for the component parts. The assembly is being placed as an iLogic part if that makes a difference.

I need some code to get me going with this. Thanks in advanced for any help!

Valued Contributor
jonbrabbs
Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Automate Drawing Creation

01-10-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: daulj

Hi mate,

At the risk of being blunt, the programming help files have a loads of bits of sample code which can be used to start you off - certainly in VBA. This should get you going in the right direction, although it's fair to say you've definately jumped in at the deep end with what you are trying to do!

Not sure about other versions, but in 2010, programming help can be foung by clicking the little arrow to the right of the ? on the search box at the top, and then going to Additional Resources>Programming Help. Use the "Sample Code" section to get going.

Hope this helps you, and good luck.

Jon

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
daulj
Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Automate Drawing Creation

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: jonbrabbs
Jon, I now understand the depth of what I was trying to accomplish. I figured that Inventor would have had something built in initially, that I would just have to customize to what I was looking for, but after reading into all the discussion boards I truly realized how deep I'm in!! Thanks for the direction to the samples. To be honest, a week ago I knew absolutely nothing about code or programming and so far I've made some enormous strides with iLogic rules, so I'm hoping that this is something that I can learn in due time. Thanks again, Justin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube