Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2013 iLogic issue with inputboxes

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
voutilainen
1563 Views, 22 Replies

Autodesk 2013 iLogic issue with inputboxes

Hi everybody, this is my second topic upon that issue. The first  one was here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/iLogic-inputbox-only-decimal-value-with-coma-not-wit...

To resume the issue here, my problem is that I did, a couple of months ago, a part with a rule containing some input boxes. It worked without a bug and set it as a specific template, on Inventor 2012.
I tried to reuse it as a template without changing its rule on Inventor 2013. When the input box pops out and ask the value it needs, if I type "0.2" it says that "string's conversion "0.2" in a 'double' type isn't valid". But if I type "0,2" I have absolutely no problems.

And on the "more infos"  tab, I can see that message:

"System.InvalidCastException: La conversion de la chaîne "0.2" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

à LmiRuleScript.Main()

à Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)

à iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule) "

I work on:

Windows 7

Autodesk design suite premium 2013 french.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
voutilainen
in reply to: MegaJerk

Thank you so much! THAT is THE answer that I needed!

What I discovered now is that with the french culture (fr-FR), the point isn't allowed. But I checked the other culture available, and I found tha there is the swiss french culture (fr-CH) wich is the suitable language, and with it, the point work! It was all about that. Now, i don't understand why by default, the french french (if I can call it that way) is set. But anyway it doesn't matter! Thank you really much!

Message 22 of 23
MegaJerk
in reply to: voutilainen

You’re welcome! Also, the fr-FR should be set by default probably by what you have your Operating System (Windows in this case) set to. Cheers all around! 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 23 of 23
voutilainen
in reply to: MegaJerk

That's what's strange. The OS is set on swiss french. But anyway, it doesn't matter, I think we can close this chapter on a happy ending. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report