Inventor Customization

Contributor
Message 1 of 23 (387 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk 2013 iLogic issue with inputboxes

387 Views, 22 Replies
05-24-2012 11:43 PM

Hi everybody, this is my second topic upon that issue. The first  one was here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/iLogic-inputbox-only-decimal-value-with-coma-not-wit...

To resume the issue here, my problem is that I did, a couple of months ago, a part with a rule containing some input boxes. It worked without a bug and set it as a specific template, on Inventor 2012.
I tried to reuse it as a template without changing its rule on Inventor 2013. When the input box pops out and ask the value it needs, if I type "0.2" it says that "string's conversion "0.2" in a 'double' type isn't valid". But if I type "0,2" I have absolutely no problems.

And on the "more infos"  tab, I can see that message:

"System.InvalidCastException: La conversion de la chaîne "0.2" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

à LmiRuleScript.Main()

à Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)

à iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule) "

I work on:

Windows 7

Autodesk design suite premium 2013 french.

Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 2 of 23 (382 Views)

Re: Autodesk 2013 iLogic issue with inputboxes

05-25-2012 05:36 AM in reply to: voutilainen

Does the code below error out for you, when you type in 0.2 ? 

Dim iString As String
Dim iDoub As Double

'''/////////// Let's ask the user to type something in 

iString = InputBox("Super String Converter-o-Matic 2012", "Strings --> Doubles!", "") 

'''/////////// If the input can be succesfully considered a number, then we proceed
If IsNumeric(iString) = True Then

'''/////////// If it is a number, we'll set our variable 'iDoub' to equal the String, converted over
'''/////////// into a double

iDoub = CDbl(iString)

'''/////////// Now we show you the result

MessageBox.Show("Your Double Is :  " & iDoub, "Converted!") 

Else 

'''/////////// If the variable 'iString' can't be considered to have a numeric value, then we
'''/////////// tell the user that we can't convert their input

MessageBox.Show("We can't convert letters to numbers! We have standards!", "Not-Converted!") 

End If 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, -
as it increases my power levels and will eventually help to elevate me towards outer space.

Check out my iLogic injection tool here : http://goo.gl/ce1Qg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Message 3 of 23 (360 Views)

05-28-2012 10:54 PM in reply to: MegaJerk

Hi Megajerk, Thanks for your answer.

So It doesn't error me out, it says your message "We can't convert letters to numbers! We have standards!"

Makes me smile.

So  must I apply it to my code?

Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 4 of 23 (351 Views)

05-29-2012 05:45 AM in reply to: voutilainen

Actually, if you're getting that message when  you type in 0.2 (zero point two), then there certainly is something wrong. 

Try the following code and tell me the values that it returns back to you in the final box. 

Dim oBlah,oLaLa As String
Dim oDarn As Char
oBlah = InputBox("Input your string", "String Detective", "")

For Each oDarn In oBlah 
	If oLaLa = "" Then 
		oLaLa = (Asc(oDarn))
		Else
		oLaLa = oLaLa & "," &  (Asc(oDarn))
	End If 
Next 

MessageBox.Show(oLaLa,"String Detective Has Found This!") 

So when you run that code, type in your 0.2, and tell me what three numbers you get back. 

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, -
as it increases my power levels and will eventually help to elevate me towards outer space.

Contributor
Message 5 of 23 (348 Views)

05-29-2012 10:34 PM in reply to: MegaJerk

So the answer is: 48,46,50

Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 6 of 23 (342 Views)

05-30-2012 05:04 AM in reply to: voutilainen

Well that’s what you should be getting. You may have a rather unique problem on your hand being that you’re input of 0.2 is producing the correct Ascii values (48,46,50), but the function ‘IsNumeric’ is refusing to accept that as a proper numeric value (despite the fact that it is). 

Perhaps someone from Autodesk would be willing to dig deeper into this. Perhaps it’s a localization bug.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t be more useful.  

Contributor
Message 7 of 23 (336 Views)

05-30-2012 10:36 PM in reply to: MegaJerk

No problem, thanks for your time and help!

Contributor
Message 8 of 23 (308 Views)

06-06-2012 10:41 PM in reply to: voutilainen

Hi again everybody, after looking a bit more on the web, it seems that this issue is not related to inventor, but to visual basic. Some people have the same kind of problem, but on other software. But I'm searching, and nobody seems to have a real solution. Could someone help me?

Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 9 of 23 (303 Views)

06-07-2012 05:13 AM in reply to: voutilainen

Does the following code give you the "Unable to parse" or does it return a message box with the correct numerical value in it? 

Dim value As String
Dim result As Decimal 

value = "0.2"

If Decimal.TryParse(value, result)
   MessageBox.Show(result)
Else
   MessageBox.Show("Unable to parse:  " & value,"")   
End If

(That is for ilogic) 

Contributor
Message 10 of 23 (297 Views)

06-07-2012 10:34 PM in reply to: MegaJerk

Unable to parse.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube