Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprentice Poofs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KentKeller
510 Views, 3 Replies

Apprentice Poofs

Is anyone else having Apprentice shut down the program occassionally?   I am trying to process a lot of files, many of which have missing references, duplicate file names in the path etc.

My standalone exe program will run fine for a while but then it will just shut down, (form closes and program not shown in the task manager) and the last command was always apprentice trying to open a file.   If I restart my program and have it open the file that it crashed on, it opens it fine, but then a while later it crashes on another one. I go through this all day long.

I have tried everything I know to try and catch an error, but it doesn't seem to throw one.

I know one answer is to clean up the files so there arent the missing refs etc, but it isn't my data and I have little to no control over it.

Anyone else having these kind of issues with Apprentice.  I am seeing it on two different machines, with two different programs and two different datasets.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ralf_Krieg
in reply to: KentKeller

Hello

Seen this on running out of memory. And second, if you watch Inventor Taskplaner running on migrating a lot of files, you'll see something around 50 files, the running Inventor instance is killed and started again. There must be a reason for.

Don't know why, but maybe you should do the same.

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 3 of 4
KentKeller

Hi Krieg,

Thanks for the reply.  I really don't think I am running out of memory.   I have thought about killing the instance of Apprentice and re initializing it, but sometimes I crash after a couple of files, and other times I crash after 400 files.

It seems to have something to do with files that can't find their references.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I am not sharing a comment, rather I'd be interested if the crash occurs with any document whose reference files are missed? or crash randomly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report