Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addin Wizard not showing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
meck
524 Views, 5 Replies

Addin Wizard not showing

I am trying to create an addin for the first time. After reading the help file It says to use the Inventor Addin Wizard. I ran both the UserTools.msi and the DeveloperTools.msi and even restarted my computer. The wizard still does not show up when I select new project in VB2010 express. I'm using Inventor 2013.

Please help thanks!

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan
in reply to: meck

After the developer tools have been installed you need to run the installer for the wizards. You will find this in one of the subdirectories where the developer tools was installed (extracted).
Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 6
meck
in reply to: ryan

Thanks for the reply Ryan!

I ran InventorWizards.msi also. The wizard just does not show up in the New Project list. Is there a way to browse for the wizard template in vb.net?

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 6
wayne.brill

Hi Mike,

I believe the installer was not tested on VS Express. Try the suggestion at this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Developertools-for-Inventor-2013-under-VS-2010-...

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 6
meck
in reply to: wayne.brill

I tried it moving the files as per the links suggestion but still no luck. 😞

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 6 of 6
wayne.brill

Hi Mike,

Maybe using a tool like processmonitor will help:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cb56073f-62a3-4ed8-9dd6-40c84cb9e2f5.aspx

I set the filter to only include a path with the name of the zip. (VBInventorAddInTemplate) When I start a new project in VB express I see in Processmonitor the zip file being accessed in this directory:

C:\Users\brillw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VBExpress\10.0\ProjectTemplatesCache\VBInventorAddInTemplate.zip\MyTemplate.vstemplate

Also I see the "Autodesk Inventor AddIn" under Intstalled Templates >Visual Basic". (not under Autodesk)

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report