Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addin: Print using Acrobat Distiller

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
456 Views, 2 Replies

Addin: Print using Acrobat Distiller

I had a macro that used distiller to create a PDF, which worked fine. I converted the macro to an addin and now am having issues with it. It creates a postscript file and then creates the PDF on first run ok. The next time I use it, it fails because the distiller process is still running.

I read some info that you need to add the distiller object to its own class and then dispose of it. That's where I'm lost as to how to do this? Anyone have any instructions on how to go about doing this? I'm using VB Express 2005.

Basic code:
myPDF = New ACRODISTXLib.PdfDistiller

And then:
' Submit the print.
Dim myPSS As String
myPSS = (txtFolderPath.Text & ("\" & oDocName & oDocNameSuffix & ".ps"))
oPrintMgr.PrintToFile(myPSS)

' Create the PDF
myPDF.FileToPDF(myPSS, (txtFolderPath.Text & "\" & oDocName & oDocNameSuffix & ".pdf"), "")
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

is there not a close method for the ACRODISTXLib.PdfDistiller object?

you might also try:

Set myPDF = Nothing
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Set myPDF = nothing just removes the value from memory but does not shutdown the instance of distiller. I googled it and saw others with similar issues, the answers were vague.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report