Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-In not loading in Windows 7 64-bit OS

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
santoshr0114
2268 Views, 20 Replies

Add-In not loading in Windows 7 64-bit OS

Hi Guys,

Already this post might be posted but i did not find any solutions on the internet. This might also seem a silly problem for you.

I have a bit of problem. I have created a Addin for Inventor using Visual Studion 2010 Professional.

My Addin Works fine for

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (64-bit OS)

With Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012, 32-Bit Edition

Now I need to Deploy the addin on another Machine with below configuration,

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1(64 bit OS)

Autodesk inventor Professional 2012, 64-Bit Edition.

I tried to load my addin, it doesnot load, I tried to load it manually by Goint to Tools->Add-In and selecting my addin and selected "Loaded", Even then its not loading..

I am struggling to get this done.

Plz..Plz...Please guys let me know if there is any solution for this.

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Ralf_Krieg
in reply to: santoshr0114

Hello

Try to start your AddIn from VS and debug the Activate-Sub. Somewhere there it fails. Or add following to the Activate-Sub

Public Sub Activate(ByVal oAddInSiteObject As Inventor.ApplicationAddInSite, ByVal bFirstTime As Boolean) Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.Activate
            Try

' Put in all of your code here

Catch ex As Exception
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(ex.Message & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & ex.ToString)
            End Try
        End Sub

Maybe the displaying error message indicates what's going wrong.

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 3 of 21
santoshr0114
in reply to: Ralf_Krieg

Hi Krieg,

I have already tried this, there is not error at all. I have also used breakpoints, The execution wont stop.it will finish the whole execution and loads the inventor, but not the addin.

Is there any  other solution for this.

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 4 of 21
bsee1

Are you using registry free addins, or are you using the older style registry dependent addins? 

If using the registry free version, post the file location of the dll file, then upload the .addin file.  It may help to determine the problem.  (the .addin is just an xml file. it has no information you'd need to worry about sharing)

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 5 of 21
santoshr0114
in reply to: bsee1

Hi,

I am using Register dependent Addin.

While creating and addin there is a template in Visual Studio to create "Autodesk Inventor Addin". I am using this template to create a addin. Once i finish my coding for inventor i just change from debug mode to release mode and copy the dll and the xml file to the Bin folder of inventor installation path. And paste the Addin to the C:\Application data\Autodesk\Addin\.

Thats all i do...

Actually i beginning my career in Customization.

Please provide any solution for this, many of you might solved this

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 6 of 21
bsee1

From the description, that sounds more like registry free.  

If you're sure it's registry dependent, make sure you use the proper registry command.

• C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe
  • C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe

Since you're using 64bit, you'd need to use the bottom one when you register your addin.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 7 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

How to use it, can you please provide steps.

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 8 of 21
bsee1

To register a new addin, enter this into the command line. Make sure to specify the full path to the dll file and the name of your addin.  Again, this is only if you're using a registry dependent addin. 

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe /codebase "C:\Program Files\yourFilePathHere\addinName.dll"

To unregister:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe /unregister "C:\Program Files\yourFilePathHere\addinName.dll"

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 9 of 21
santoshr0114

I am getting this message if i try to register or unregiter

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727>RegAsm/codebase "C:\Program File
s\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Bin\Modified.dll"
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.5420
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004. All rights reserved.

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Failed to load 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\
Bin\Modified.dll' because it is not a valid .NET assembly

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 10 of 21
bsee1

Alright. I'm beginning to run out of ideas.  

In Visual Studio, could you take a screenshot of the project "Application" tab with the "Assembly Information" showing as well??

Also, under build events, do you have anything in the post-build event command line?

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 11 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

On post Build event COmmand Line i have the below statement

"call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"

mt.exe -manifest "$(ProjectDir)Modified.X.manifest" -outputresource:"$(TargetPath)";#1"

And i have attached both the screen shots.

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 12 of 21
Ralf_Krieg

Hello

If you create a .addin file your AddIn is a registryfree. You don't need to register. Are you shure you compiled a 64-bit Version for the second client?

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 13 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

Ok I didn't know that.addins created are registry free

But i have compile my project by setting the platform as X64 in Visual Studio, even then its not loading

Thank YOU

Regards
Santosh
Message 14 of 21
bsee1

That's what I thought. You are NOT using the old style registry dependent addin. You ARE using the newer, registry free addin.  

• Try changing your build events to end with a 2 instead of a 1. 

mt.exe -manifest "$(ProjectDir)Modified.X.manifest" -outputresource:"$(TargetPath)";#2"

• Make sure your .addin and manifest file both have no blank lines.  For me this caused the addin to not load.
  • Inside the .addin file, check if you've set LoadBehavior. This is an optional property. You might try removing it until everything loads as expected.
  • In the .addin file, make sure the path to the .dll file is correct.

If none of that works, read this: http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/migrate-net-add-ins-to-registry-free.html

It's about migrating from registry dependent to registry free, but you might still fidn some useful information.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 15 of 21
bsee1

To add to that, try setting it to compile as "Any CPU".  I have a registry free addin running on a 64 bit Win7 computer, and it's workign fine with that setting.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 16 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

Will update & verify and post reply...

Thank YOU

Regards
Santosh
Message 17 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

I tried the steps, still not working.

You are running out of ideas and i am running out of patience.

Please buddy, is there any other setting required to make it run.

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 18 of 21
Ralf_Krieg

Hello

Here's my last idea. In your screenshot "Application Tab.jpg" is the assembly version 1.0.* If I remember right, also in your manifest is the assembly version number defined. If the version of your dll and the version in your manifest differs, maybe the dll is just not found. Can you try to set the assembly version to 1.0.0.0 so there will be no automatic numbering on every compile run?

R. Krieg
RKW Solutions GmbH
www.rkw-solutions.com
Message 19 of 21
santoshr0114

Hi,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity name="Modified" version="1.0.0.0"></assemblyIdentity>
<clrClass clsid="{9455f064-3077-4d24-877c-5fe935c43b74}" progid="Modified.StandardAddInServer" threadingModel="Both" name="Modified.Modified.StandardAddInServer" runtimeVersion=""></clrClass>
<file name="Modified.dll" hashalg="SHA1"></file>
</assembly>

The version in manifest is same as mentioned in the Assembly Information in Application tab. Check the code above "Version is  Same"

Man SadMan SadMan Sad

Thank You

Regards
Santosh
Message 20 of 21
iraklis

Hi,

Maybe the problem is that you are using the wrong version of RegAsm. If for example your AddIn targets .NET4 you should use the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report