Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Enter in user form

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
iUser
357 Views, 4 Replies

Activate Enter in user form

Hi there,

I have created a new form  using three fields, to show quantities, job no etc. and was wondering what code I need to use to be able to push enter after filling out a field and then jumping to the next field?

Kind regards,

iUser

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JamesNordgren
in reply to: iUser

There is no way to code through iLogic the behavior of an iLogic form.  However, using the tab key instead of enter will commit the parameter value to memory, and then change focus to the next field.

James

Message 3 of 5
iUser

I see, how about if a code for making the return key behave like the tab key? Is this possible? I know its possible for excel, but cant find at code for Inventor? Any ideas? I am using the tab key, but it would be easier to use the return key as it is closer tho the number keypad (bottom right), and when typing multiple values.

Message 4 of 5
MegaJerk

Interesting. Is there an issue with using the mouse in your case, or do you just want to keep it all keyboard centered for personal preference? 

If you'd rather do it all via the board, then perhaps it would be better to prompt the user with three different text box dialog, being that three is a pretty low number to deal with, as there is no way to do what you're talking about automatically currently. 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 5 of 5
iUser
in reply to: MegaJerk

Yes I suppose it is personal preference. We use to use a diffent way of inputting the important info onto the drawing where enter worked to jumo to the next field so we use to that method. Will look around a bit more, sure there must be a code out there for this. Otherwise we will just have to start using tab and space. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums