Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy Issues With GetParamAtPoint in Surface Evaluator

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
269 Views, 0 Replies

Accuracy Issues With GetParamAtPoint in Surface Evaluator

Hi all,

I am having accuracy issues when dealing with Surface Evaluator's GetParamAtPoint method. As a test, I generated parameter values across a surface, Iocated their global coordinates, and then used GetParamAtPoint with default inital guesses to recalculate the parameter values.

For the attached surface, I considered an extruded spline. The extrusion surface has massive variations in accuracy in the periodic direction, and was only accurate for a small range close to one of the sides, with the majority of the errors in the order of 50% of the paramter range. The return SolutionNature always returns ints instead of enums as 0 (assumingly Could not determine solution) strategy. The accuracy does not significantly improve when initialising the guessParams in the middle of the range.

Any ideas on how to improve the accuracy of this function? Or, does anybody know the method it uses to calculate it?

Kind Regards,

Aaron

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report