Inventor Customization

timlogan3847
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Accessing a parts list

134 Views, 1 Replies
11-15-2011 10:45 AM

We have written a VB6 program for non-Inventor users that uses the Autodesk Inventor Object Library from an install of the Inventor Viewer 2011-2012.  The program collects drawing sets from a VaultMirror folder exported from the actual Inventor vault.  In addition, the program exports assembly parts to a formatted Excel file for purchasing. 

We thought that it worked fine but, have recently found an issue: the program reads and exports ALL items referenced in an assembly, not just items in the parts list.  For a particular assembly that I am using to test with, there are seven items in the parts list but, 23 parts referenced in total in the assembly.  So, we get an Excel export with 23 + line items and when plotting to pdf, get 23 pdf files instead of the seven that should be created.

We are using the ApprenticeServerComponent to open the file objects but, I can't find a parts list.  I have reviewed a number of posted examples of accesing parts lists and opening ApprenticeServerDrawingDocument objects but, nothing seems to work.  It is like I don't have access to all of the object types needed to make it happen.

Should I be trying to open an iam or idw to access the parts list?

Are there any very basic code examples available of accessing a parts list?

Valued Mentor
jcneal
Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)

Re: Accessing a parts list

11-17-2011 05:12 AM in reply to: timlogan3847

you need to place a partslist in a idw first. then you can access partslist from vb.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014
Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013
Microsoft Office 2007 & 2013
Windows 7 64bit
Synergis Adept 2013
Visual Studio Express 2010

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube