Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a parts list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
timlogan3847
348 Views, 3 Replies

Accessing a parts list

We have written a VB6 program for non-Inventor users that uses the Autodesk Inventor Object Library from an install of the Inventor Viewer 2011-2012.  The program collects drawing sets from a VaultMirror folder exported from the actual Inventor vault.  In addition, the program exports assembly parts to a formatted Excel file for purchasing. 

We thought that it worked fine but, have recently found an issue: the program reads and exports ALL items referenced in an assembly, not just items in the parts list.  For a particular assembly that I am using to test with, there are seven items in the parts list but, 23 parts referenced in total in the assembly.  So, we get an Excel export with 23 + line items and when plotting to pdf, get 23 pdf files instead of the seven that should be created.

We are using the ApprenticeServerComponent to open the file objects but, I can't find a parts list.  I have reviewed a number of posted examples of accesing parts lists and opening ApprenticeServerDrawingDocument objects but, nothing seems to work.  It is like I don't have access to all of the object types needed to make it happen.

Should I be trying to open an iam or idw to access the parts list?

Are there any very basic code examples available of accessing a parts list?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
skyngu
in reply to: timlogan3847

you need to place a partslist in a idw first. then you can access partslist from vb.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 3 of 4
PoYHove
in reply to: timlogan3847

Hi Tim

did you manage to get it working ?

Message 4 of 4
timlogan3847
in reply to: PoYHove

Yes, we got it working.

The inventor viewer is enough to plot drawings. To access the boms, you
need a full inventor install.

Tim Logan
RMT Robotics (A Cimcorp Oy Company)
Network Support
Phone: 905-643-9700 Ext 272
Fax: 905-643-9666
www.rmtrobotics.com
www.cimcorp.com
RMT Robotics, 635 South Service Rd, Grimsby,
Ontario, Canada, L3M 4E8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
The information contained in this E-mail is confidential and intended
only for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this
communication in error, please delete or destroy any copies of it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report