Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort CheckIn Event

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
santoshr0114
486 Views, 4 Replies

Abort CheckIn Event

Hello, Guys,

I am doing some validation before the checkIn process to vault. How to abort the checkin event if the validation fails?

Regards

Santosh

Regards
Santosh
Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
amandamao
in reply to: santoshr0114

Hi Santosh,

Not sure what kind of validation you were doing, please post to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-Customization/bd-p/301 for more support from Vault team.

Regards,

Amanda

Message 3 of 5
santoshr0114
in reply to: amandamao

Hello Amanda,

I am doing ipt filename for proper naming convention and checking iProperties for null validation.

If the filename does not match proper file naming convention and has null values in iproperties then the file should not be checked in. The check in should be aborted by displaying a message.

This what i want to do.

Regards
Santosh

Regards
Santosh
Message 4 of 5
adam.nagy
in reply to: santoshr0114

Hi Santosh,

The Vault AddIn is not customizable, so I'm not sure what the options are inside Inventor.

If the Check-in starts an actual command then maybe you could watch out for that, check the file name and abort the command if needed.

If the command cannot be aborted for some reason then maybe you could try to redefine the command and if all is fine start the original command: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/replacing.html

If it does not even start a command for that then I'm not sure what you could do.

Maybe there is a way to do it on the Vault side, i.e. maybe things could be set up on the server so that it would not allow the file to be checked in?

So as Amanda said, you should also check on the Vault customization forum for that.

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 5 of 5
santoshr0114
in reply to: adam.nagy

Thank you for your reply Adam.

I agree with you that vault addin is not customizable.

I am able to handle the checkIn event in Inventor. My program will know when the checkin event is triggered. Once triggered my validation starts. and if validation is passed the file is checked in successfully.(That was piece of cake)

The situation when validation failed forced me to think on aborting the event. (I have checked in 2320 files and out of which 38 failed the validation)

So now that i am able to monitor the checkin events, i thought there might be a possible way to end/abort the event.

I don't know if i have missed anything, as i have been doing a lot of thinking on this.

So thats the reason i posted on forum.

Regards
Santosh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report