Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for 2D sketch Mirror

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
645 Views, 6 Replies

API for 2D sketch Mirror

Hi

I want the mirror of 2D sketch.But I have not found any API which performs the mirror of sketch.

Any help is most welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mbruce71423
in reply to: Anonymous

From my experience, I just create a construction line in the midpoint if the object or sketch, highlight what I want to mirror and follow the dialog box prompts.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mbruce71423

Hi

The procedure explained by you is correct for creating sketch and then mirror using Autodesk Inventor ,but I am doing Inventor customisation project.Actually I want API which performs the mirrior of given 2D sketch.

Message 4 of 7
mbruce71423

Sorry about that.

I am new to INVENTOR.  Maybe you could educate me.

What is INVENTOR customization?  What is an "API"?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi

The commercial CAD software are developed for general purpose not for single user.so software includes comman functionality.

There may be situation some customer wants particular functionality.To add this extra functionality in the existing software is called customisation. For adding the extra functionality software provides interfaces is called API.API means Application Programming Interface. API nothing but the function defined by CAD software to add extra functionality in the software through

programming.

Hopes this will help you.

Message 6 of 7
mbruce71423

Thanks jalindar.

Is this customized programming like Visual Basic? Is this accessed in the TOOLS/OPTIONS section on the MENU?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi

The availability of API is decided by that CAD software.

The API may be in different languages like VB ,c++ ,C#,ufunc,KB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report