Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API - Export DWF as PDF - options

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1721 Views, 1 Reply

API - Export DWF as PDF - options

So there is plenty of information floating around that enables coders to export/save a file as a PDF.  My question is how can control the options for my export?

This is the code that I've been using from here

My question pertains to the highlighted marks. How to I know what the other options are? I see when I debug that there are 40 items in my options object but to access them I need to know the text based version of the property. Does anybody own a list of available options for PDF?

Ultimately, what I want to do is limit the layers on my PDF. More or less "flatten" the image so my layers don't show up 

Call PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)
Dim PDFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn Set PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}") 'Set a reference to the active document (the document to be published). Dim oDocument As Document Set oDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument Dim oContext As TranslationContext Set oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext oContext.Type = kFileBrowseIOMechanism ' Create a NameValueMap object Dim oOptions As NameValueMap Set oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap ' Create a DataMedium object Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium Set oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium ' Check whether the translator has 'SaveCopyAs' options If PDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then ' Options for drawings... oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 0 'oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 0 'oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution") = 400 'oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = kPrintAllSheets 'oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = 2 'oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = 4 End If 'Set the destination file name oDataMedium.FileName = "c:\temp\" & Left(DocumentObject.DisplayName, Len(DocumentObject.DisplayName) - 4) & " (REV " & ".pdf" 'Publish document. 
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Came across this when looking for some info on Exporting inventor files to 3D pdf. Not sure if you got your answer somewhere else, but here is what I have used.

Attached is a little bit of code that will output the NameValueMap options code used in your example to the immediate window.

Just pass the oOptions NameValueMap into the PrintNameValueMapCode sub

Call PrintNameValueMapCode(oOptions)

Public Sub PrintNameValueMapCode(ByRef oOptions As Inventor.NameValueMap, _
                        Optional ByRef strName As String = "", _
                        Optional ByRef lngRecursion As Long = 0)

For i = 1 To oOptions.Count
        If TypeName(oOptions.Item(i)) = "NameValueMap" Then
            Debug.Print Indent(lngRecursion + 1); "'"; oOptions.Name(i); " NameValueMap settings"
            Call PrintNameValueMapCode(oOptions.Item(i), oOptions.Name(i), lngRecursion + 1)
        Else
            Debug.Print Indent(lngRecursion); "o"; strName; "Options.Value("""; oOptions.Name(i); """) = "; oOptions.Item(i)
        End If
    Next i

End Sub

Public Function Indent(ByRef lngCount As Long) As String

For i = 1 To lngCount
        Indent = Indent + "    "
    Next i

End Function

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report