Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 bit template and 64 bit COM Registration

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
580 Views, 4 Replies

32 bit template and 64 bit COM Registration

I have an addin that I created from the 32 bit Inventor addin template. When I rebuild my project on my new 64 bit OS workstation, I have to register the addin separately. My question is, is there something in the addin (perhaps in "COM Registration") I can change so that my addin is automatically registered my when rebuild the project (like it did on the 32 bit OS)?

BTW, is there are 64 bit Inventor addin template out there?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Post-Build Event to run regasm:
{code}
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v2.0.50727\regasm /codebase "$(TargetPath)"
{code}

For a VB.Net Project in VS2008, go into the Project Properties and go to the Compile tab. There's a Build Events button there in the lower right.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I'm using VB.NET 2008 Express and I don't see that button (image attached).
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ahh. Seems it isn't in the Express version.

What I normally do is leave a command prompt window open and sitting in the regasm directory. If I need to run it, I just copy the DLL path out of the output box and paste it in the command prompt. You only ever have to do this if you increase the assembly version or move the file.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Peter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report