Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 add-in only loads if target CPU is x64

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
454 Views, 2 Replies

2014 add-in only loads if target CPU is x64

In Inventor 2012, this add-in worked perfectly with target CPU as AnyCPU.  In Inventor 2014, the same add-in will only load if the target CPU is set to x64.  If it is set to AnyCPU or x86, the Activate method is not being hit, even though the symbols appear to be loading correctly.  In the add-in manager, it is stuck in the 'unloaded' state. 

All referenced projects are set to AnyCPU, and there are no compile time errors or warnings.

This add-in uses custom user controls, so using x64 is not possible due to a Visual Studio limitation:  Visual Studio x64 Bug.

The current workaround is to make add-in modifications as AnyCPU, and then switch to x64 to debug or deploy.  Due to the large number of referenced projects, this is a very time consuming process.

What am I missing that needs to be done to get the add-in to load as AnyCPU?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To test this, I created a new Autodesk Inventor 2014 AddIn project.  With no modifications, and target CPU set as AnyCPU, it still won't load in Inventor.

AddInUnloaded.PNG

Message 3 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It could even be issues with the *.addin file:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Registry-free-addin-won-t-load/m-p/3488178/high...

Are you sure it's the correct addin Inventor is trying to load? - the x64 and Any CPU compilations go to different folders by default.

Are you registering your addin using an *.addin file?

Things work for me: http://www.screencast.com/t/X1Vnt0mH

Attached is also my project in case it's of any use.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report