Inventor Community Knowledge Base

Display only portion of assembly in an Inventor drawing view

by Alumni TBasich ‎02-27-2013 01:08 PM - edited ‎02-27-2013 01:08 PM

PROBLEM: Is there a way to have a view in a sheet that displays a few specific components of a master assembly?

RESOLUTION: You have a few options.

1. Create a new Level Of Detail (LOD) in your master assembly so you only have the components you want displayed. Create a new .ipn and when selecting the master assembly, choose which LOD you want to use. Select the new LOD that only displays those specific components. When you create a view of the .ipn on the drawing it will display only what is visible in the LOD that was used in the .ipn.
  2. You can also use View Representations instead of LODs. With this function you have a few more options available. You can easily copy the LODs into a View Representation. Note that once your View Representation includes the parts you want to display, lock it so it doesn't show any new parts added to the assembly.
  3. Make the components you want to display into a Phantom Assembly. This will make it a subassembly, so you can easily keep control of what's in it, but making it Phantom means that, as far as the BOM is concerned, all the parts are still at the master level. To make the assembly Phantom, just change its BOM Attribute to "Phantom", either through the BOM Editor at the higher level, or through Document Settings.
Comments
by Suraj_rana on ‎01-20-2014 10:35 PM

Hey guys, I am making a detail drawing of a conveyor in Inventor 2014 & unfortunately facing some problems while upgrading the drawing file.

I have created some section, some projected & some detailed views from my model. But if I upgrade my model the entire views & their annotation is getting disturbed.

1. Whatever the lines or parts I have made invisible they are coming back visible.

2. The views are losing their annotations.

3. Detail marks are changing their positions & thus changing my desired view creation.

The total drawing is becoming a mess.

Plz help me out to understand how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube

Contributors