Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best antivirus to use with autocad

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mkolka
2555 Views, 10 Replies

what is the best antivirus to use with autocad

We are having nothing but trouble with our current 2012C3D and our arcsde.  So in an attempt to help I am going to install 2014 premium.  Before I do I was looking for some recommendations on what antivirus runs best with autocad?  We currently run McAfee ent.  I am not a fan of it, but it’s what our office has right now.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: mkolka

We also use McAfee Enterprise.  I also hate it, but personally I do not use any anti-virus at all anymore.  I can tell you that Trend Micro, Symantec, and Avast, are problematic with Autodesk installs, etc.  I have personally never had issues with McAfee or AVG.  But again, I always recommend disabling it during install or setting the Autodesk directories as exceptions afterwards. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
mkolka
in reply to: TravisNave

Great. Thank you TravisNave. We have been having many fata errors and can not find the issue. Mainly with dwg's that are connected to our Arcsde server with parcel information in GIS format. Very frustrating.
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Indeed it can be.  I guess you can disable it on the server and client side as a test to see if the problem goes away. At least then you can blame antivirus and then look for a work-around, like exceptions or not scanning network resources. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
mkolka
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you, I will pass this onto our IT dept.
Message 6 of 11
gc112rd

I would like to know if anyone has been using an anti~virus with zero issues without dealing with exclusion setups.

Thank you!!

Message 7 of 11

I use Quick Heal Anti-Virus..!!

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 8 of 11

Thank you for your input.

Care to elaborate further with your 

experience with Quick Heal Anti-Virus

and Autodesk compatibility?

Message 9 of 11

Haven't had any problem with Quick Heal yet. I use it on my Personal Laptop too.. 

And haven't disabled it while Downloading or Installing the Softwares anytime. 

Also we only Download the Software Package once and Store it on a Common Drive. 

If any Employee needs the Software, they raise an IT Ticket, and the Team takes over their PC via Remote Desktop, and Installs the Software from the Common Drive.. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: gc112rd

@gc112rd What issues are you facing and with which A/V software? Only folks with issues IMHO are the ones that opt for exotic off-mainstream solutions and those that never look at default settings.
Message 11 of 11

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report