Installation & Licensing

Active Contributor
weserphillip
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)

vbextras_standard.msi

212 Views, 5 Replies
04-19-2011 07:10 AM

I have deployed AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012 a couple of times and every time I go to install it, it comes up looking for a file called vbextras_standard.msi.  I can't find this file anywhere on my computer or our network.  I understand it is some sort of .net 2.0 issue, but I have .net 4.0.  Is this why I don't have this file?  Any help would be appreciated. 

scott.clark
Message 2 of 6 (194 Views)

Re: vbextras_standard.msi

05-04-2011 12:03 PM in reply to: weserphillip

Im having the same issue's, did you find a solution?

Active Contributor
weserphillip
Message 3 of 6 (192 Views)

05-04-2011 12:10 PM in reply to: scott.clark

Nope, still no answer.  I found a workaround, but you have to install the deployment off the computer you want to install 2012 on to get it to work.  We STILL can't deploy 2012 to our office because I can't create a deployment from every CAD machine in the building on our server.  It just sucks! 

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 4 of 6 (179 Views)

05-10-2011 01:18 AM in reply to: weserphillip

Could you please create and post the verbose log files(zipped) during the deployment creation and the installation

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
weserphillip
Message 5 of 6 (97 Views)

02-14-2012 10:30 AM in reply to: scott.clark

I figured out what to do.  civil installs the file to the wrong path.  Just start your deployment.  And when the message comes up looking for those files, just search your C: drive for vbextras_standard.msi it will come up but in a different temp directory.  Just copy and paste that location into the window looking for the file, and bingo it works.

Distinguished Contributor
sandman007
Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)

03-28-2012 11:34 AM in reply to: weserphillip

Glad I found this... Worked for me! Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube