Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
weserphillip
485 Views, 5 Replies

vbextras_standard.msi

I have deployed AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012 a couple of times and every time I go to install it, it comes up looking for a file called vbextras_standard.msi.  I can't find this file anywhere on my computer or our network.  I understand it is some sort of .net 2.0 issue, but I have .net 4.0.  Is this why I don't have this file?  Any help would be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scott.clark
in reply to: weserphillip

Im having the same issue's, did you find a solution?

Message 3 of 6
weserphillip
in reply to: scott.clark

Nope, still no answer.  I found a workaround, but you have to install the deployment off the computer you want to install 2012 on to get it to work.  We STILL can't deploy 2012 to our office because I can't create a deployment from every CAD machine in the building on our server.  It just sucks! 

Message 4 of 6

Could you please create and post the verbose log files(zipped) during the deployment creation and the installation

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
weserphillip
in reply to: scott.clark

I figured out what to do.  civil installs the file to the wrong path.  Just start your deployment.  And when the message comes up looking for those files, just search your C: drive for vbextras_standard.msi it will come up but in a different temp directory.  Just copy and paste that location into the window looking for the file, and bingo it works.

Message 6 of 6
sandman007
in reply to: weserphillip

Glad I found this... Worked for me! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report