Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to inventor 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ccl4x
1451 Views, 3 Replies

upgrade to inventor 2012

i have 2011, do i have to deinstall and install or there is a direct upgrade option?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ccl4x

All Autodesk products are full versions.  Upgrade is simply a license type for a discounted price on owning a prior license.  You do not need to uninstall older versions and new installs do not overwrite old ones. You are welcomed to uninstall the older version is hard drive space is an issue for you.  Once upgraded, you are bound by the EULA to remove your old product after 120 days, unless you are under Subscription.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
David.Dyche
in reply to: ccl4x

The other thing to keep in mind for Inventor specifically is that you can only run one version of it at a time. If you need to switch to another version and have UAC enabled on Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click the shortcut and choose Run as Administrator.

Also, Inventor files can't be saved back to the older version. Once you update a file to the 2012 format, it can't be opened in 2011.

Best regards,

David Dyche
Autodesk Support Team

Message 4 of 4
hiandy22
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi TravisNave,

My name is Hiandy from Indonesia. I am a new user and now am using Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2011.

I want to upgrade my Inventor to Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2012 or 2013 version. If those versions are not available, then I want to upgrade mine to Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 or 2013 version.

Would you kindly inform step-by-step way to do the upgrade.

Look forward to receiving your help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hiandy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report