Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
mkaandorp
336 Views, 4 Replies

updating license file

We are running 12x AutoCAD MAP 3D 2007 with NLM.
In the next few months I want to update to 2010 one by one. (.lic file already available).
I want to replace the old .lic file with the new one.
Before I do this I want to know for sure that the old version (2007) still runs.
Who can confirm?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mkaandorp

If your Autodesk licenses are under Subscription then your new 2010 license will allow you to continue to run subsequent versions going back to 2007.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mkaandorp

Ok, we have subscription.
I heared that installing new version of lmtools is necessary?
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Your LMTOOLS needs to be at least version 11.5 to run the current 2010 products and it is available on the installation disc. The latest version as of this post is 11.8.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You can combine lic file contents - cut and paste the 2010 content into
the existing lic file and you will be able to start up either version.
--
======================================================
George Drayton CD-CAD Ltd Christchurch New Zealand.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report