Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalled trial version AutoCAD LT 2014, can't install full version of CAD

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
carapie22
1490 Views, 6 Replies

uninstalled trial version AutoCAD LT 2014, can't install full version of CAD

I had a trial version of AutoCAD LT 2014 installed in my iMac, and my company had decided to not purchase a license for it, but instead we were going to try AutoCAD (regular) 2014 because of some additional features.

I tried uninstalling the LT version, but I keep getting error messages that say "Another instance of Autodesk 360 is running. Please close any instances before proceeding"
I had dragged the Autodesk 'application' to the trash folder, and searched for any Autodesk folders in the "Library" in my finder, but I still keep getting the message. So now I can't install a new version of AutoCAD. What am I missing, and how can I fix this? Are there some hidden folders that I am missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Darin.Green
in reply to: carapie22

Carapie,

You have to stop the running service before you can uninstall. Here are the steps for getting into the processes.

1. Open the Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities/).

Tip: Before Mac OS X 10.3, this utility was named Process Viewer.

2. Choose All Processes from the Show pop-up menu.
  3. Locate the background application "AdSync" and stop it.

Thanks,

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7
carapie22
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks so much!
Message 4 of 7
Darin.Green

You're welcome!

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 7

I had a trial too and saw your response.  I opened Utilities but did not find show processes,pop up or adsync.

Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 7
Mflannigan
in reply to: Darin.Green

This was incredibly helpful! 

Message 7 of 7
kyawthuzin15

How about window?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report