Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install Revit Architecture 2013 update 1

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Carolynh
2941 Views, 13 Replies

unable to install Revit Architecture 2013 update 1

I have tried a number of times to install the first Revit Architecture update but it won't install.  It just sits on "gathering required information....." and does nothing else.  I have left it running for an hour before having to shut it down and continue working.  Is there anything I can try to get this update to install?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Carolynh

Make sure you are running with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.

Are you experiencing an issue that requires the installation of SP1?  Typically I do not advise a service update unless it is necessary.  If it is not broken, do not fix it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
Carolynh
in reply to: TravisNave

I have tried running as administrator with UAC turned off and the anti-virus disabled still with no luck.

Is running with local admin rights the same as running as administrator? (This might be something I need to address with our IT guy.)

any other suggestions?  I am experiencing issues that I am hoping this update will address so would really like see it installed.

Message 4 of 14
Tekcon13

Same problem here with Building Design Systems Premium.

I found a workaround here:  http://revitit.com/blog/?p=513

...but I can't get the workaround to work either.  Might work for others though (who can understand the instructions)  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 14

Same - cannot install Revit 2013 SP1 on Design Suite Premium 2013

Message 6 of 14

What errors are you getting when applying the Update for Revit?

Depending on the number of Content packs installed and your internet speed, applying the update may take some time.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 14
Tekcon13
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Revit 2013 Update 1.png

The update bar quickly moves to this point, then stops and hangs.  I let it go for half an hour, then gave up on it.

We've got the lowest level of "high speed" broadband here, and use both metric and imperial templates for the Building Suite.  Someone suggested to me that I let it run overnight, so I'll try that tonight.

If the number of content packs installed and internet speed have such a big effect on the update, should this information be put into the Readme file?  Or perhaps a general statement that "This update could take up to XX hours, please be patient..."  Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 14
Tekcon13
in reply to: Tekcon13

** UPDATE **

Success!  I left the update running while I did some non-Revit stuff and it was done in 40 minutes.

Patience seems to be the missing factor.  Woman Embarassed

Message 9 of 14

I also managed to install the update after leaving it running - thanks for the library hint ....

Message 10 of 14
jdiaz
in reply to: CliveBroadhurst4576

I have the same issue with Revit 2012... I'll give it s shot over night to see what happen... I'll let you know..guys

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Message 11 of 14
Carolynh

success!  I had to disable my local network connection (i'm in an office environment) and then installed and it went through fine - not sure why this is, will have to talk to our IT guy about it.

thanks for all the feedback, hope this helps anyone else having the same issue

Message 12 of 14
jdiaz
in reply to: jdiaz

Yesssss, I got it... it just take time...

Message 13 of 14
Ben.Steinert

Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but the suggestion to disable the local network connection worked on a Revit 2015 update for me so it is still a relevant solution. Thanks for that!

I have had issues with the communication center and cloud services slowing programs down in the past, I wonder if this is in a similar vein? You would think over the years a bug like this would eventually be squashed.
Message 14 of 14
jwp0015
in reply to: Ben.Steinert

Mine kept getting hung on Gathering Required Information. Nothing seemed to help until I saw this.  The second I disabled my LAN the install completed successfully.

Thanks for the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report