Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering license to new computers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
swdcreative
267 Views, 4 Replies

transfering license to new computers

I have recently acquired 2 new computers (windows 8.1 pro) to replace my work and home computers. I have successfully transfered(exported/imported) the license to my new work PC. I have exported my authorization from my old home PC but now I cannot get the new home PC to activate my Design Suite Ultimate. I understand from the FAQs that exports can only equal the number of licenses....how to do I put a copy on my new home PC? thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: swdcreative

I would simply reactivate your home licenses.  Since the license agreement allows for this, it will just be easier to do so instead of trying to mess with the LTU.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
swdcreative
in reply to: TravisNave

I have been able to reactivate my license on to my new desktop PC. When I try to reactivate with my "home" laptop, I still the get the error of exceeding the number of licenses.......going thru the virtual agent is a dead end. Not sure where to request that my license be "de-authorized" on all machines so I can again activate fresh with my one license (one work copy-one home copy). It's a little frustrating not to have a Customer Service number to call and rectify. Thank you....

Message 4 of 5
camilo.lemos

Hi @swdcreative 

For direct activation and licensing assistance, please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

Activations are tracked foward only - I've never had an opportunity to reset the number.

For contact purposes, find a reseller to work through.  That way you'll have a direct contact who can help you with these things.  Our reseller serves our corporate offices so is located in a different city but always helps us in a timely manner.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report