Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

man.aquilina
Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)

transfer Network License from one pc to another

344 Views, 3 Replies
10-30-2012 12:20 AM

I have a client which has an AutoCad 2011 Network License. He requested to move the netowrk licinse from one pc which is installed with windowsXP to  another which is installed with windows 7. can you please guide how this can be done? Thanks

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

Re: transfer Network License from one pc to another

10-30-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: man.aquilina

Network licenses do not need to be transferred.  Simply install on the new PC and point to the existing license manager.  It will work as expected. 

You will need to make sure that you ensure that the installation is with a network configuration as the default install is stand-alone.  If it is asking for activation, then you need to reinstall as a network version, pointing to the servername with the license manager on it during installation.  It will verify.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
man.aquilina
Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

10-31-2012 02:24 AM in reply to: man.aquilina

but i need to create a new .lic file for the new pc? and how can i redirect the clients to obtain the license for the new pc? Thanks !

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)

10-31-2012 06:49 AM in reply to: man.aquilina

Oh, I see now.  He hosts the NLM for other users on the LAN as well?  In that case, you simply need to set up the LMTOOLS on the new workstation and obtain a new .LIC file from Autodesk Activations. 

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

www.autodesk.com/nlm-ipv6-windows

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.