Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tranferring license to other people

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sue
Contributor
337 Views, 3 Replies

tranferring license to other people

Hi,

I have purchased AutoCAD LT but also recently purchased Building Design Suite.  I would like to transfer my LT license to one of my clients as they are using some old software.  I have seen discussions about tranferring from one computer to another but not to different people/clients.  Is this legal to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sue

There is no easy option to do that: contact an Autodesk Reseller in your region and expect to pay them to help you navigate the Autodesk licensing jungle to see if it is even possible.
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: sue

Dean is right.  The EULA specifically prohibits this, so your client would not even be able to license it without an approved TOL.  Lots of headaches... 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
sue
Contributor
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean and Travis,

I thought there would be issues with this.  Too bad because I don't even use the LT anymore.  Did contact my sales guy and he never responded so I suspected that the answer was what you guys stated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report