Installation & Licensing

fshen3
Message 1 of 5 (3,649 Views)

the security system is not functioning or is improperly installed

3649 Views, 4 Replies
07-14-2012 12:51 PM

I installed autoCad 2013 and 3ds Max 2013 on my laptop( windows 7). they were run very well at first. however, there was a error ocurred when i tried to open 3ds max several days after. it is error 2: the software licensing service chceckout failed. so I searched online and tried to find a solution. I tried to delete the file in Flexnet and turn on the flexnet service but both did not fix my problem. after that I tried to open autoCAD, it doesn't work as well and display a window says the security system(softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed! now I am really dont know what i should do next. can anyone help me with this? thinks a lot!

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 5 (3,602 Views)

Re: the security system is not functioning or is improperly installed

07-16-2012 07:15 AM in reply to: fshen3
gwc
gwc
Message 3 of 5 (2,911 Views)

02-19-2013 09:44 PM in reply to: DarrenP

The above documented solution did not work for me but I did find the solution after troubleshooting for several hours. I finally determined a solution via much trial and error and luck. Registry tweaks and uninstalls/reinstalls did not work. I even deleted all known Autodesk files after uninstalling (the thrid time) and that didn't work.

What finally did work was this: After reviewing the "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\CIV3D2012ENUAdlm.log" I decided the problem must be the ProductInformation.pit file in the same folder. I replaced this file with one from a computer with a working install and the prolblem was fixed.

I'm not sure why my clean installs did not work as this file was surely deleted, but for some reason my install kept loading as a standalone when we use a network license. Maybe that had something to do with it. Either way, I've set the registry key to point to the network for licensing and it's working. It's almost 1AM and I'm going to bed. :smileytongue:

morgosmacko
Message 4 of 5 (2,267 Views)

06-19-2013 07:31 AM in reply to: gwc

Thank you, gwc. Your solution worked fine this time and I can go to bed much earlier. :smileyhappy:

Replacing the "ProductInformation.pit" file with a working one from another computer solved my problem.

gwc
gwc
Message 5 of 5 (2,255 Views)

06-19-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: fshen3

Glad to hear it! Saving someone hours of frustration eases the sting of wasting several hours myself.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube