Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software installation issue - license error message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mikel.longa
771 Views, 2 Replies

software installation issue - license error message

Can anybody help me?

I am unable to install Maya on my Mac properly, after several attempts re-installing and searching for answers in several forums, I still can not get the software to work. After every installation I get an error message as follows:

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2011 (657C1 2011.0.0.F), error 20

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I have been in contact with the maya support team and these are the following things we have tried, however none of them have been successful. I am desperate to get Maya working as my uni assignments are dependent on this program. I've had to cope half a semester without it already.

Please try the following steps in order to resolve the issue that you are experiencing:

1. Locate and move the following files and folders to the recycle bin:

\Library\Preferences\Flexnet Publisher\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data (and its backup)
\Library\Application Support\Autodesk\Adlm

2. Once you have moved the files and folder to the recycle bin, restart Maya and go through the activation process.

3. Once Maya is activated all should be working as expected.

The file that you cannot find is related to licensing and normally moving this file to the recycle bin resets your activation. Since you cannot locate the file you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the product.

Do a search for the tsf.data file on you system. It will have a name similar to adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data. Delete this file and then try installation again.

You can put the attached file in in /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/. You can also do a Go > Go To Folder and type /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/

When you searched for the .tsf file, did you go to the user listing, or the drive listing?

The drive listing would be (for example) Leopard (10.6.8)> Library> Preferences> FLEXnet Publisher> FLEXnet> *.tsf

There are two of these locations.

So basically, I've tried all those... the next step I was given was to try and get answers in this forum. Help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: mikel.longa

Do you have the case number?  I can follow up with the Product Support representative.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
mikel.longa
in reply to: david.lau

Support Case #32594

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report