Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

softlock license manger error message

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
sbenda60
60699 Views, 45 Replies

softlock license manger error message

I have installed the 2012 upgrade. When I open the program I get the following error:

The security system (softlock license manager) is not functuining or is improperly installed.

The program then shuts down. Any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
wang13j
in reply to: sbenda60

I am experiencing similar issues with AutoCAD 2013. The security problem occurs the first time I access the program after a reinstall. After another boot, the program suddenly closes itself while loading; this repeats indefinitely unless I reinstall the product, and then the cycle begins again. If it is relevant, can you clarify exactly how to change the neccesary permissions and location of the license files? It would also be helpful if you are familiar with the program closing itself.

Message 22 of 46
GSMEDEIROS17

Awesome!!! it worked!! i found the "flexnet" folder placed in on the desktop and all Autodesk software worked like nothing had ever happened.  Wow, that was wild..thx. 

Ps. using Windows 7

Message 23 of 46
roadwayws

Still late

I tried this deleting the "above" files but go to start The "cad" program and it just shuts off. having said that all my other programs with the suite still work.

So I just cant use the AutoCad 2013 and have no place to put a serial number.

Any other Ideas?

thanks

Message 24 of 46
caec-berlin

It also can be, that in the system configuration of Windows the Service "Flexnet Licencing Service" is deactivated (Window 7). If its activated all programms of Autodesk run.

Best regards.

Lena

Message 25 of 46
chriscwhiteside
in reply to: wang13j

I am having this same problem with Architecture 2014 on windows 8.1, and none of these solutions seem to work, can you help?

Message 26 of 46
p.j.luddy

Despite it working perfectly the first time around, I experienced similar problems with the Security system / Softlock license manager error when I was forced to reinstall my student version of Autocad Architecture 2014 on my new Windows 8 laptop. I tried many of the solutions that are spoken of here including attmepying multiple clean reinstalls and trying to deal with the FLEXnet files. However none of these worked until today when I spotted the solution to my problem on this thread.

It seems that all you have to do is:

1) Close any running applications or files or internet browsers

2) Cut the actual "FLEXnet" file ( found at C:\ProgramData )

3) Paste this file onto your desktop

4) Startup AutoCad and it should be running without issue

Thank you all for your help and in turn I hope this can solve this irriatating problem for anyone else who may be struggling with it.

Message 27 of 46
prem
in reply to: p.j.luddy

i am facing the same problems at one of our customer locations. none of the methods mentioned in the support and dicussion groups are working out Any solutions!! Smiley Sad

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M
Message 28 of 46
viniciosula

Buen día.

Instalé Autocad Civil 2014 con la licencia para estudiantes y me dice que la instalación está bien. Pero cuando lo abro el programa me sale un mensaje de "softlock license manager error messege" que está mal instalado. No se como resolver ésto, necesito su ayuda. Desde ya muy agradecido. 

Saludos cordiales.

Message 29 of 46
viniciosula
in reply to: Jessup

Hola. Qué hago para resolver ése problema en Windows 8.1? Gracias.
Message 30 of 46
princess16

I installed AUTOCAD 2013 and I've receved the soft license manager error.  I am running a stand alone Windows 8 pc.  I can't seem to find any solutions.  I've uininstalled, reinstalled, and used all of the different methods of installation that AUTODESK has to offer.  Does anyone have a solution for this issue? 

Message 31 of 46
babymeo18

i just updated to windows 8.1 and this caused my autoCAD 2014 to have softlock license manager error.. i tried to to do the steps but may i know please where the flexnet file could be located in windows 8.1?? i just can't seem to find it.. please.. need help..

Message 32 of 46
aveysel
in reply to: babymeo18

Did anybody manage to solve this issue?

I have autocad 2014 running perfectly on widows 8 and when I updated to 8.1 i started getting softlock license manager error.

Any solution posted for this problem?

Message 33 of 46
truvectors
in reply to: babymeo18

I had the same problem to my AutoCAD 2014; Windows 7 and nothing worked. However, when I moved the FLEXnet directory (C:ProgramData) to my Desktop and ran the Repair program (under Uninstall Program) it worked. Repair recreated the FLEXnet directory with the associated files. 

Message 34 of 46
irishyka
in reply to: p.j.luddy

thnx :)it really helped

Message 35 of 46
Lorkanov

Thank you! It worked on a newly installed AutoCAD 2014.
I simply changed the security settings for flexnet and then moved it to the root folder, then the problem disappeared altogether. Kudos...
Message 36 of 46
c65kof
in reply to: aveysel

Fix Autocad 2013 in Windows 8.1

- Deactivate Internet and Antivirus

- Uninstall all product autocad

- Ccleaner

- Delet C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder

- Restart

- Install Autocad Administrator privileges

Following the steps the problem was solved in WINDOWS 8.1 - Does not work if you only delete the "flex" folder.

From Playa del Carmen  Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 46
guillermoelan
in reply to: caec-berlin

Thanks a lot , Lena.

You solve my problem. 🙂

Regards,

Guillermo

Message 38 of 46
oliveiralucass

I am a student , but my autocad does not work , a message appears : The security system ( Softlock system manager ) is not working or is installed incorrectly.
Message 39 of 46
jessica.t
in reply to: oliveiralucass

Hi @oliveiralucass and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you try the Accepted Solution for this issue? How did it go? Did you see any changes? Please reply with further details. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 40 of 46
David_RTC

I have a system running Windows XP SP3 Professional and Autocad Electrical 2012. The installation is single licence standalone. The PC is on a local Domain and the Domain Controller is running Server 2003. Therefore the user login credentials and rights are those configured by the server User Accounts settings. If I log in using an account with network administrator rights all is fine. If I promote the user account to administrator rights all is fine. However as soon as I demote the user to Power User rights I get a Softlock error and the program exits. Hence this is definitely a permission issue not an installation issue. I have set the Flexnet service so it starts automatically and checked it is shown as started from Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services I have set full permissions for everyone for both the Flexnet folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\ and the files C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_xxxxx_tsf.data C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_xxx_tsf.data.backup The Autocad 2012 installation was done by someone no longer with the company so I dare not do a full re-installation as I could not set up the same configuration again for the user - yes I do have a HDD image to cover a system failure. Having said this I suspect I would still have the same problem anyway. If it was possible to give the user local administrator rights but not network administrator rights, while far from ideal, it would be an acceptable work-around. However as far as I am aware this is not possible. Data Protection forbids the user being an administrator on the domain since they would be able to either access confidential data directly or have the rights to allow them to (re)set passwords / folder permissions to allow access. Equally it is not possible to remove the user from the network since they need to access to information files and to store the files they create. All suggestions to potentially resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report