Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 4 (661 Views)

softlock license manager

661 Views, 3 Replies
04-17-2012 11:04 AM

while using my Autocad suddenly the program shut down, and when i try to open it again it show a massage that says "the security sistem (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed." now it doesnt let me open any of my autodesk products, they start running but just flash open and close again. i have a student licence, and i would like to know how to solve my problem. thanks. 

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (662 Views)

Re: softlock license manager

04-17-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: a00958806

Unfortunately you will likely need to remove the licensing information and then reactivate the product. 

Rename the *.data files in the hidden folders here:

Windows 7

C:\ProgramData\flexnet\adsk*.data

XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\flexnet\adsk*.data

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
wilsonj93499
Message 3 of 4 (652 Views)

04-17-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: TravisNave

How do I do that?  Please be very specific.  Do you mean remove the program?  I can't seem to find anywhere that I can get to my license info.

Thanks

wilsonj93499
Message 4 of 4 (652 Views)

04-17-2012 01:26 PM in reply to: TravisNave

I just deleted the adsk* files, now what? 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube